JOB ID: BHJOB8536_9945
JOB TITLE: Ortho Assistant
Established Dental Practice in Charlotte is seeking a new Ortho Assistant to join their team. Great opportunity for someone seeking a with a long-term home with a family owned business that has been successful for nearly 40 years. If you thrive in a professional environment, are passionate about the dental field, and have strong emphasis on internal and external customer service, this role is for you! This position has a supportive team, competitive pay, and a stable work environment.
- Review daily schedule to set up appropriate trays and instruments.
- Perform patient triage and initiate patient care as appropriate to patients under the supervision of dentist.
- Take x-rays (when applicable).
- Set up and prepare dental equipment and instruments.
- Work alongside dentist during patient examinations.
- Develop individualized treatment plans for patients.
- Take impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts (models of teeth).
- Record and report pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff as appropriate.
- Communicate clinical information to non-clinical personnel.
- Prepare, update information, and educates patient per dentist’s instructions
- prior to discharge.
- Make patient telephone calls when needed, schedules follow-up appointments and receives payment before walking patient out.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining company values.
- Dental Assistant II certification from an accredited school required.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of ethical conduct and patient care.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent company culture and employee retention
- Great company benefits
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com