JOB ID: BHJOB8536_9899
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer $80K-$95K
JOB DESCRIPTION: Designing of the systems and equipment associated with the construction of plants and new technology initiatives. This position requires strong pipe stress experience.
- Take direction from Management and Senior Engineers
- Perform designs and mechanical analyses through calculations basic to Mechanical Engineering
- Sketch conceptual design
- Support purchasing technically with review of vendor submittals and on-site inspections of mechanical equipment
- Provide direction and technical support for designers.
- Analyze equipment for current technology
- Check drawings and drafting for adherence to designs.
- Review designs and assist Senior Engineers and Management by making suggestions to improve an existing or proposed design relative to its function
- Travel to job sites to analyze equipment, collect data and information, interact with plant personnel, and gain experience valuable to design considerations
- Travel on business trips and/or field assignments as required to carry out departmental tasks and functions
- Write Technical Specifications for the mechanical equipment design, fabrication, procurement, etc.
- BS Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Minimum of five years hands-on experience in a technical environment
- Experience in the Steel industry is preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com