JOB ID: BHJOB8536_9924
The IP Docketing Clerk is responsible for executing a wide range of docketing functions, in the Intellectual Property practice group, according to the Firm’s established policies and procedures. The successful candidate will possess a high level of attention to detail, organization, professionalism, as well as observe strict confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
- Process and docket US & foreign paper mail, email correspondence from foreign associates, and USPTO email correspondence on a daily basis.
- Drafting correspondence, engagement letters to clients and other documents as required; Conflict check processing for new client intake; Inventor Disclosure Questionnaires
- Process new matter requests and matter description revisions.
- Works with other Docket Clerks to coordinate incoming and outgoing file transfers.
- Process and docket internal attorney updates.
- Conduct status checks and updates to docket, and maintain records of such.
- Create and generate reports for attorneys, staff and clients.
- Preparing docket reports, maintaining attorney docket and calendar, and managing client and referral contact database; Strong organizational skill required.
- Utilize the Firm’s intellectual property docket application to calendar events and deadlines related to foreign and domestic patent and trademark registration and renewal; domain name registration and enforcement; and other matters handled by the Firm’s Intellectual Property and Internet Practices
- Obtaining and downloading documents from USPTO web site; EPO Registry; KIPO; and obtaining references for office actions and search reports
- Processing and saving incoming mail (both electronic and physical), including correspondence from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, in a file management system, such as FileSite
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college coursework a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; database management experience a plus
- Experience with IP databases
- Detailed-oriented with good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work overtime as needed