JOB ID: BHJOB8536_10075
JOB TITLE: Civil Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION: The civil engineer will lead the design of structures for plant projects. Provide coordination and supervision to subcontractors in executing structural designs for plants and new technology initiatives.
• Take direction from Management and Sr. Engineers.
• Perform design and design calculations basic to Civil Engineering for structures that support equipment (ducting, etc)
providing load diagrams, analysis methods and detailed analysis, as required.
• Provide technical direction and support to subcontractors or client's engineers in the design of structures,
foundations, analysis methods, etc.
• Provide direction to designers or draftspersons from the conceptual design stage to the preparation of civil
drawings, framing plans, etc.
• Analyze mechanical equipment, ducting, supporting systems, etc. for structural integrity.
• Provide assistance to Mechanical engineer /designers in the layout of equipment, ducting, etc. with input for
their structural support.
• Travel on business trips and/or field assignments as required to carry out departmental tasks and functions.
• Work as a "team player" with all company departments and employees in all assignments. Work toward building con. census on all assignments by finding solutions which meet the best interests of all parties involved.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on design experience
- Steel related design experience preferred
- Knowledge of structural element analysis methods for static and dynamic load conditions using commercial computer programs.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to move around project sites including climbing on structure as required.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent company culture and employee retention
- Great company benefits
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com