JOB ID: BHJOB8536_10186
JOB TITLE: Certified Professional Coder
An Established, independent Medical Practice in Charlotte, NC is seeking a Certified Professional Coder to join their team. This is a temp to hire role with a practice that has been in business for over 25 years in the Charlotte area, and is experiencing continued growth. Great opportunity for a Coder seeking a long-term home with a stable medical practice!
- Perform daily coding activities to ensure successful processing and payment of claims.
- Review and analyze patient medical charts and documentation for accuracy. Report missing or incomplete documentation to provider organization.
- Perform audits on previously coded claims and make all necessary corrections to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure accuracy of billing codes per ASA/AMA guidelines as well as payer updates. Ensure all billed codes are current and active.
- Serve as a point of contact for coding-related questions, issues, and projects.
- Meet daily coding production and quality metrics as determined by Billing Services Manager.
- Follow established coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Attend coding related workshops and training sessions to ensure compliance with coding guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all Health Insurance and HIPAA standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience in healthcare coding is greatly preferred.
- Medical Coding Certificate; RHIT or CPC by AAPC or AHIMA license required. Must meet state licensure requirements. Coding certification must be maintained and in-service training attendance is required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with medical billing software programs is required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent company culture and employee retention.
- Laid-back office culture and environment
- Great company benefits
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
ABOUT Xcentri: Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com