JOB ID: BHJOB8536_9893
- Assist physician with patient care:
- Escort patient to exam room.
- Obtain vital signs, list medications, brief history, chief complaint, update/input past medical/surgical history, allergies, patient completed review of systems (ROS).
- Assist physicians with exams, diagnostic procedures, treatment.
- Provide patient care as ordered to include but not limited to labs, medications, injections, hospital admissions, etc.
- Provide prep instructions and educational materials to patient.
- Escort patient to check-out.
- Document all orders performed and send paperwork to appropriate departments.
- At end of day, ensure exam rooms are stocked and ready for the next day.
- Sample Closet:
- Request samples when needed.
- Check drug closet weekly.
- Escort drug reps to and from closet. Help obtain MD signature for visit.
- Check samples monthly for EXP date.
- Check bio-hazard twice a month and make sure it is sealed to be picked up when box is full. They may not pick up if not sealed.
- Change disinfection log sheets in all rooms once a month.
- Prepare EMR one week prior to appointment date ensuring all test results and pertinent records are in chart. Utilize Epic to obtain records. For non-Epic providers that medical records have been unable to obtain records contact the patient’s referring office. These may include, but not limited to, op notes, hospital summaries, lab reports, office notes etc.
There may be times when a patient flow specialist may not have an assigned provider due to provider schedules. During this time, the clinical assistant may be assigned to:
- Assist triage clinical staff with the following:
- Phone Calls/Voice Mails
- Call backs / results
- Medication calls and questions
- Scheduling and rescheduling tests/procedures
- Prior authorizations
- Assignments as necessary by triage assistant
- Assist Clerical staff when needed:
- PTO coverage
- Calling and confirming patients
- Answering phones/voice mail
- Confirm hospital patients for the next day.
- Schedule procedures, xrays, and other tests.
- Arrange tests and appointments for patients when referred to other doctors.
Moderate travel to all satellite locations as provider schedules require.
- CMA or RMA certification from accredited program required.
- Specialty/Internal Medicine experience preferred. At least one year of experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Good organizational skills. Detail oriented.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Competitive compensation
- Casual work environment
- Excellent training
- Excellent benefit package
Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com