JOB ID: BHJOB8536_10187
JOB TITLE: Cash Applications Specialist
An Established, independent Medical Practice in Charlotte, NC is seeking a Cash Applications Specialist to join their team. This is a temp to hire role with a practice that has been in business for over 25 years in the Charlotte area, and is experiencing continued growth. Great opportunity for an individual with healthcare billing experience seeking a long-term home with a stable medical practice!
- Identify and resolve posting discrepancies.
- Review, approve, and prepare adjustments and refunds as necessary.
- Identify system and/or carrier issues, report to management for review, and follow-up on issues.
- Post insurance payments including all bill types and corresponding contractual adjustments to patient accounts.
- Research unidentified payments, missing information requests, and insurance recoupments to ensure accuracy of transactions.
- Fulfill missing information requests for off-shore vendors in a timely manner.
- Produce and distribute miscellaneous Cash Application reports.
- Perform end-of-month close review and preparation.
- Work Customer Service and AR emails to identify and resolve outstanding issues.
- Initiate insurance carrier appeals for underpaid or overpaid claims.
- Ensure compliance with all HIPAA standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience in healthcare billing or accounting is greatly preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with medical billing software programs is required.
- Strong working knowledge of billing operations practices.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent company culture and employee retention.
- Laid-back office culture and environment
- Great company benefits
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
ABOUT Xcentri: Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com