JOB ID: BHJOB8536_9939
JOB TITLE: Buyer
Established Network Infrastructure in Richardson, TX is looking for a Buyer to join their team. Great opportunity for someone seeking a long-term position with a steadily growing company that has a multi-national presence. This individual will be responsible for carrying out broad assignments involving the purchase of critical items, and will require extensive specialized knowledge and experience.
- Procure complex direct materials including a broad range of printed circuit boards (PCB) and printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA). Responsible for procuring significant amounts of materials per year.
- Ensure that all orders are maintained in the SAP database and that all payment, delivery issues, etc. are resolved.
- Develop subcontract specifications, works statements and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment and services. Assess subcontractors with regards to capacity planning and supply chain management capabilities.
- Negotiate and implement procurement contracts that maintain company’s desired terms and conditions.
- Work to achieve the maximum strategic sourcing coverage for both procurement dollars and part numbers. Identify commodities for strategic sourcing agreements and screens buyer commitment reports on an ongoing basis to identify new part categories or individual part numbers for strategic sourcing.
- Coordinates with Design Engineering to identify and negotiate cost reduction areas during the product design phase of new products.
- Conduct cost/price analysis for all products under jurisdiction with emphasis on high dollar and sole source procurements.
- Establish negotiation strategies.
- Analyze historical trends and contribute to the development of projected trends for use in formulating each fiscal year Materials Economic Plan. Participates in the analysis of competitive pricing received under the strategic sourcing program, conduct user meetings, and recommend the strategic source award.
- Maintain positive working relationship with supplier base. Ensure that the Supplier Performance Index governing quality and delivery ratings are considered before deciding to procure material from a particular vendor.
- Compile information from periodicals, catalogs and other sources to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes for alternative sources of supply.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience.
- Has procured major procurement commodities.
- Successfully demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Extensive knowledge of product line under area of procurement preferred.
- Knowledge of product lines and manufacturing processes of areas of responsibility preferred.
- Experience with technical commodities requiring close interface with engineering preferred.
- High level of proficiency in cost/price analysis techniques preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to write terms and conditions for specialized procurement situations.
- CPM certification or ability to achieve certification preferred
- Competitive compensation and annual bonuses
- Excellent company culture and employee retention
- Great company benefits, including full benefits on day one of employment, 6% 401K matching program, and tuition reimbursement
LOCATION: Richardson, TX
Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com