JOB ID: BHJOB8536_9938
JOB TITLE: Buyer—Metal Fabrication
Established Network Infrastructure Provider headquartered in North Carolina is looking for a Buyer to join their team. Great opportunity for someone seeking a long-term position with a steadily growing company that has a multi-national presence. This individual will be responsible for carrying out broad assignments involving the purchase of critical items, and will require extensive specialized knowledge and experience.
- Develop new avenues for total cost reduction of materials, such as new or alternative materials/applications, vertical integration, standardization, competitive bidding and domestic/international sourcing alternatives, etc.
- Develop and implement a contract coverage plan to ensure proper agreements are in place where applicable. Comprehensive review and negotiation of contract terms and conditions and pricing for assigned contracts.
- Conducts cost/price analysis for all products under jurisdiction with emphasis on high dollar and sole source procurements. Establish negotiation strategies. Analyze historical trends and contribute to the development of projected trends for use in formulating each fiscal year Materials Economic Plan.
- Participates in the analysis of competitive pricing received under the strategic sourcing program, conducts user meetings and recommends the strategic source award.
- Create and generate RFQ/RFP submissions as applicable for obtaining pricing, lead time, and MOQ data based on business unit requirements.
- Maintain positive working relationship with supplier base. Ensure that the Supplier Performance Index governing quality and delivery ratings are considered before deciding to procure material from a particular vendor.
- Ensure that all procurements are based on competitive bids as submitted by qualified suppliers. Continue to analyze and assess the adequacy of our supplier base for each category and to develop additional sources of supply where deemed advantageous.
- Compile information from periodicals, catalogs and other sources to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes for alternative sources of supply.
- Support Category and Purchasing Manager in purchasing materials at the lowest cost of ownership. This includes data management of purchase order placement & maintenance; verifying SAP information and reporting discrepancies/new products/product changes; expediting orders and deliveries; and resolving vendor/user conflicts, invoice pricing issues, and vendor payment issues. Maintain relevant system databases to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborate with Third Party Operations, Third Party Supply Chain and your global procurement category colleagues on initiatives which drive better quality and costs.
- Search and locate supplier options as required to achieve commercial and strategic objectives.
- Facilitate and conduct cross-functional audits to support objective supplier selection process via a collaborative and documented process.
- Tactical execution of orders and fulfillment in collaboration with Supply Chain and Quality.
- Supplier performance management including formal metrics and reporting.
- Leadership, cross-functional facilitation, and project management to identify and implement cost reduction projects, transitions to alternate suppliers, or to resolve substantive supplier performance or quality issues.
- Continuous improvement for effective management of pricing and value chain total costs.
- Effective management of standard costs and purchase price variance. Proactive generation of savings/efficiency opportunities, thorough due diligence, and effective implementation.
- Effective negotiation and development of supply contracts and ongoing management of addendums, revisions, extensions, notifications, etc.
- Support departmental key performance indicators and adapt new indicators as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of purchasing experience.
- Prior procurement/supply chain related experience.
- Successfully demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing including sheet metal fabrication and metal stamping highly desired.
- High level of proficiency in cost/price analysis techniques.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Ability to write terms and conditions for specialized procurement situations.
- Competitive compensation and annual bonuses
- Excellent company culture and employee retention
- Great company benefits, including full benefits on day one of employment, 6% 401K matching program, and tuition reimbursement
LOCATION: Richardson, TX or NC (several locations available)
Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com